WHAT DO I DO TO TURN OFF, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT?

Ford F-150

I just bought a 1994 ford f150 and after a couple of days the check engine light came on. I'm not that much into cars so I don't really know what I should do. Anybody know what I could do to turn the light off?
Rl9106

Dude you can't really just turn off the Check engine light.

The check engine light works this way.

Hypothetically : Ok so the light is on, because it's receiving a signal from let's say the transmission's fluid sensor. The sensor is on and sending an error code to the computer in your dashborad because the level of fluid is low.

Now are you just going to get this " turned off" and ignore the low fluid level? Don't kck the car when the transmission goes out on it. Kick the user. Remember the machines only do what the operator wants them to do.

Get this light checked out at aamco, autozone, somewhere!

Then they will give you a trouble code, P0****,
Could be your EGR, Tranny, Engine.

Could be serious or not, but get it checked out.

Epyon2k1
You can retrieve the codes on an OBDI system yourself without a scan tool. Check your manual for the procedure. If you don't find it post back. The light will go out if the problem somehow rectifies itself (A loose connection). You can also clear it by disconnecting the battery. It will just reset tho if the problem still exists. Best to pull the codes and post back. The OBDI codes don't have the PO numbers, just normally 2 digits (12 or 53 for instance) or up to 3 digits.

Good luck. : )

Peppermrj