SOME ONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON BLEEDING MY BRAKES!!

Ford F-150

S.O.S. I have just got done replaceing

my rotors, caliapers, brake pads, on our 89 E-150-VAN.

I have been (BLEEDING) the brakes for a hour and I stil have

no peadal, when we pump the brakes and hold them

to the floor and open the bleader, very little air has come out !

The brake fluid comes out with no problem, we even tride

bleeding the back brakes thinking that would help. But it did not

we still have no peadal, it goes to the floor, can any one help me :

Is their any one out their that can give me the advice I need to

bleed these brakes so that they will work again.

Before we changend them the brakes were fine except for the

grinding from the woren out brake pads.

I HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP ME OUT ! THANKS RONBO. : Roll: : roll: : roll:
RONBO

Did you start at the furthest point from the master cylinder?

The right rear wheel cylinder then the left rear wheel cylinder then the right front caliper lastly left front caliper.
Suggestion you may want to open one bleeder at a time in the order I suggested and allow the system to gravity bleed. (No pumping this can be timely)
Be sure the rear brakes are adjusted up so that the rear wheels have ever so slight drag on them, provided you have rear drum barkes.

Did you replace the master cylinder as well?

Lovescars
Hello: Is it possible you are not doing it properly? You start with all bleeders closed. Make sure the master cylinder resivoure is full. If power brakes, start the engine and let it Idle. Push the pedal to the floor and hold. Now open the bleeder and let fluid and air out. Now close the bleeder. Next take foot off brake pedal. If you do not do it like that you will suck air back in the system. After you bleed each wheel, top off the master cylinder resivoure. Then move onto the next wheel until you have done all 4 wheels. You may have to run through them all again if there is some lingering air. Another way is with a vacuum pump and a jar. You suck the fluid through the lines (this only requires 1 person) to extract any air, but you must close the bleeder when you stop pulling a vacuum on the bleeder valve. If you are doing all that correctly, then make sure the front brake shoes are up against the rotors and make a scrapeing sound when the front wheel is turned for the front brakes should always be in contact with the rotor, lightly of course when brake pedal is not pushed.
Good luck
Darryl.

DARRYL
I had a similar problem with my Aerostar.
I soon found out that you must start with the farthest brake away and the van must be running

Double check the brake resevoir. You may need to add due to loss through the bleeding process.

Onecrazeeman