COULD I REALLY HAVE A BLOWN HEAD GASKET?

Ford F-150

Hello, Please help! I took my 1999 Ford Taurus (79,000 miles) in to get the air conditioning fixed, it was blowing cold, then blowing hot, so I thought I needed freeon. When I took the car in, they told me I had a blown head geasket. I had never had any trouble at all and they said it would cost $1500.
I did not get that done because I had no symtoms what so ever. I watched the car and noticed as soon as I got it back, a belt was squeaking terribly, never had it squeaked before. I drove the car the following day 60 miles with no trouble. Today, (very next day) my coolant was bubbling and popping like crazy when I got home. Please tell me what might be the problem? ( Ihad also got the radiator flushed and a new radiator cap. Do I really have a blown head gasket?
Dejae

What size engine, 3.0 or 3.8? If 3.8, all suffered head gasket failures and total engine destruction was not out of the question. 3.0 was very rare, however overheat was cause of most failures with 3.0. I recommend taking it to the dealer and tell them to do a leakdown test, this will definitely confirm one way or another. Bubbles in your coolant bottle are very well a sign of a leaking gasket, if that's what you're saying about the popping and bubbling, I would suspect the gasket.

TaurusWheel