F150 STUCK IN 4-WHEEL DRIVE LOW

2004 Ford F-150

Other Category problem
2004 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 38,000 miles

My wife recently informed me that my truck is stuck in 4-Wheel Drive Low. She recently took a 300 mile trip and on the way back she hit a snow storm and had to kick it in 4-wheel drive. She tried switching in/out of Hi and Low and it still remains locked in the Low position. My truck has a 6" Pro-Comp Suspension lift with custom gears in the rear. I also have a superchips module installed and I have it programmed to 87 Octane and Gear ratio 4.53, I beleive. I'm not even sure what size gears I have in the rear because when I bought the truck the dealer didn't know what size. When I programed the superchip I uploaded the 4.53 ratio. Would this have an effect on the gears or the 4-Wheel Drive problem?
Shawn.smith

In my 2004 f150 you have to put the truck in neutral and then press the brake until you hear it disengage.

Granites
Yes, he is correct, the vehicle must be completely stopped with the foot on the brake and the transmission in neutral (not in Park) before you can disengage the 4x4 low. This is not necessary to do if you are in 4x4 Hi. This is all described in your owners manual pg. 167.

Mechmonster