F150 TICKING NOISE

2002 Ford F-150

2002 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 129, 00 miles

I recently replaced the clutch, Throw out bearing and pressure plate about 5000 miles ago. In the past few weeks I have noticed at idle when warm and the truck in neutral (clutch not depressed) that I can hear a ticking noise. Once I depress the clutch the noise goes away. It is also hard to get into first and I have to go from second to first or double clutch to keep from forcing it into gear. Condition comes and goes.

Now things get worse. While traveling I end up tossing the clutch. Ended up in a shop and when they pulled the tranny the center of the clutch had come apart. The shop replaces the clutch and the throw out bearing.

Truck travels fine for a couple hundred miles but now guess what. The ticking has started again. I also have to double clutch to get it in first or go from second to first to get it to slide into first. Condition comes and goes.

I am afraid I will damage a second clutch.

Any Thoughts
Andyski2

Check the tranny and engine mounts. Also, have you lost any of the brake fluid in the clutch master?

Merlin2021