F150 BAD VIBRATION

2002 Ford F-150

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2002 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 44260 miles

All of a sudden our truck vibrates so bad when we reach 45-50 mph. All new tires kept fluids changed and checked and have inspected everything. Nothing appears broke, shocks. Wheels or anything else we could check. Would like to know what we can do to fix this problem. This started out just slightly now it feels like the truck might shake apart. Air pressure all good in tires we are stumped. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks
Kab3357

See my profile. Imma CJ Guy,

I would start with a careful inspection of your " U" JOINTS (universal joints)

Park on level ground

CHOCK BOTH SIDES OF YOUR WHEEL (prevent rollage either way)

Put in Neutral

Go to rear axle area

Go under and grasp your driveshaft one hand. Yoke at differential with other.

Wring it like a wash rag both directions---you do not have to do it fast. Looking for " Slop" There should be no movement between the 2 yokes, or the " +" in the center (NONE, not even teeny tiny slop is acceptable)

The Entire " U" Joint. Both yokes. Should move in Unison as if they were one part (if they are greased on regular intervals, they will last a long time, See Chilton or Haynes Manual for SCHEDULED MAINTENENCE)

NOW MOVE UP TO THE TRANNY END

Perform the same test.

If you have 4X4, you will do the front driveshaft the same way.

THIS MAY BE YOUR PROBLEM---Needing a New " U" Joint---maybe 2

On Jeeps--sometimes we get a BIG OLE GLOB OF MUD on the inside of our rim. This really throws balance out.

Also look for a CLEAN SPOT on your rim (outside and in) where you might have thrown a Wheel Weight

Respond

The Medic