F150 TRANSMISSION LOCKED UP?

2001 Ford F-150

2001 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

I have an 01 F150 truck. Drove it all day with no problems. The next day I started it up fine and started down the road. About 5 minutes into my drive the truck started sounding ike I was dragging something and then it had almost no power. It kept wanting to die. I had to park for about 30 minutes and it started back up again. I drove home but it would only go like 10mph and was wanting to die again. When I tried to back up in reverse it wouldn't even budge. The wheels would just spin. The whole time this happened my check engine light came on and my over drive light on my gear shift was blinking. I had the transmission rebuilt in 08. The shop says the tranny could be locked up. How is that if it ran absolutely fine the day before? Please help! Any sensors that cause this issue?
Josherin

Have you had the computer scanned?

Idk if they scanned the computer or not. Right now it's in the shop. They say the tranny had hard parts break. Said the clutches r fine. Idk. Can it really just all of a sudden do that? It literally did not have any issues and then boom it dies. Does that make sense? Please tell me if there's something else that could cause this or if the tranny hard parts can go just like that with no warning!

Josherin
It can happen. Did they tell you what hard parts broke?

No they haven't said yet. They just said it locked up and the the hard parts broke. It just seems odd to me. Not that I know much. But I had it rebuilt in 08 and then all of a sudden this.

Josherin
As far as a basic Overhaul, they replace clutches, bushiungs, o-rings. No hard parts. It is possible that something broke inside.

Thanks for ur help! Appreciate it!

Josherin
Glad to help. Let us know if you have questions in the future.