F150

1998 Ford F-150

1998 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

my truck turns on great, and idles at about 1000 rpm, but after a few seconds, the rpm drops to about 300 rpm and sometimes stalls. Once it is running it runs great but as soon as I come to a stop, the rpm drops again. When I try to accelterate again it comes very close to stalling and sometimes does. I cleaned the IAC Valve and had fuel injection cleaning. What other things can be causing this problem?
Sammylv13

Has the check engine light come on? Have you checked to make sure there are no vacuum leaks? Also, check the EGR to make sure it isn't carboned.

Let me know what you find.

Hay, thanks for the positive feedback and I'm glad you got it fixed. If it happens again in the future, there is a vacuum hose on the rear of the intake that is molded into a 90 degree bend. They like to dry rot there and leak.

Good luck and learn as much as you can about everything. I remember when 15.00 dollars an hour for a mechanic was high. Now, many of them are getting over 100.00. Keep your money in your pocket if you can. Don't give it away.