F150 LEAKING MASTER CYLINDER

1997 Ford F-150

Brakes problem
1997 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 169000 miles

I replaced the master cylinder but it is leaking from the bottom. Is it possible that it is cracked. Is there a gasket between the power assist and the master cylinder?
DeWayne

I thought I've answered this already

If its leaking at the end of the MC where it meets up the brake pedal-The primary and secondary piston seals are leaking

There's no gasket there

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_brake_master_cylinder_1.jpg

The seals are on the reservoir, correct? Do I need to replace the reservoir. Do I have to bleed the brakes if I remove the reservoir?

DeWayne
Sir the master cylinder is leaking it doesn't matter where its leaking it needs replacing.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, I just asked a legitimate questsion. The reservoir is not the master cylinder and I just replaced the master cylinder. So should I replace the master cylinder and the reservoir

DeWayne
Replaced the master cylinder but it is leaking from the bottom. This one gave me a curveball.

Sir-you might as well replace both-The brake system is the most deadliest system of all -don't gamble replace it.