F-150XLT

1997 Ford F-150

My battery will not stay charged! I have changed the altinator 3 times now finally having a good one! Bought a new battery and it still will not stay charged, but when I am going down the road and the battery goes dead my truck keeps running until I kill it! And I have checked all fuses in my truck and all wires, but still havent found the problem!
Madman2008

I think you have a ground problem. Clean all ground connections from the battery to the engine, battery to the frame and engiine to the fire wall. Shiny clean

Do the same with the + side. Make sure the battery is disconnected when you do. Also the red wire from the battery to the under hood connector. Let me know

Losone
ALL OF THE WIRES ARE CLEAN DO U THINK IT COULD BE MY STARTER BECAUSE IT TRIES TO GIVE ME TROUBLE STARTING

Madman2008
Perhaps. I would replace the starter solonoid first. It is located on the fender well. Ford starters are a high failure item. Let me know

Losone
I HAVE CHANGE THAT TO SO CAN IT BE MY STARTER IF SO LET ME KNOW

Madman2008
It could be the starter. Please don't put on a " Zone" starter as they often cause grief.

Losone
A autozone starter

Madman2008
Hopefully it works. The last Ford Zone starter I used came apart and destroyed the flywheel and front pump on the transmission. Turns out it was a used starter that was cleaned and painted and reboxed and sold.

Maybe your luck will be better

Losone
How many bolts is holding the starter on bcause I took out three out all really I dont see know more around it could be holding it

Madman2008
Unless Ford has changed their design, it has 3 bolts. It looks like the pry and wiggle trick. Good luck

Losone
Well hao do I get it off

Madman2008