F150 FUEL SYSTEM

1996 Ford F-150

1996 Ford F150 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

I am not sure if my problem is with the fuel system or not. I have replaced the fuel pump and filter. After doing so I cranked on the engine and it fired and ran for about thirty seconds and now I have nothing. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what my problem might be. Thanks.
Nhemphill

When you turn key to run do you hear the fuel pump come on if so check the fuel pressure whether its new or old, if not check the fuel pump relay and inertia switch

Yes the fuel pump comes on, I have good pressure. I bought the vehicle at an auction so I do not have an owners manual. Could you tell me the location of the innertia switch and the relay.

Nhemphill
The fuel pump relay is located in the engine compartment fuse and relay block and inertia switch is behind right kick panel

Could my problem be the fuel pressure regulator? I have power to the pump and the inertia switch hasn't been tripped.

Nhemphill
Yes the fuel pump comes on, I have good pressure.

Check if you're getting fuel in the cylinders. If you got good pressure that means the regulator is good too