F150 FUEL PRESSURE

1990 Ford F-150

1990 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 139000 miles

I have recently converted my EFI 5.0 to carburateddue to unexpected catostrophic failure. The reason I am writing is because now I have too much fuel pressure. My truck has 2 fuel pumps, an in-tank, and an in-line. Which of the two pumps is responsible for creating the high pressure? My common sense tells me that the one closer to the engine creates the most pressure, and the in-tank jus gets it to that point with 10 or 15 psi, right? Can I remove the in-line pump and run my fuel line off of the in-tank pump to reduce my fuel pressure down to a reasonable carburated level? I have a regulator, but im scared that 47psi is just a little too much for it to hold back. By removing this pump, my regulator should have no problem controlling it, right?
Big joe 86

A carbuerator don't have a fuel pressure regulator-its pressure is normally 3 to 7psi

And EFI MPFI normally at 30-70psi of pressures.

Your best bet is get a pump that can give the correct pressure designed for your carb fuel system