F150 WON'T START

1984 Ford F-150

1984 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 176000 miles

have checked all spark plugs and replaced ignition coil. Will not start. It started out it would just stall going down road or while idling but will not start now. Truck was getting fire but is not now.
88ngfan

See my profile and votes. It really sounds like the IGNITION MODULE has given up on you.

On older Fords it was about a 6x6x2 inch box, usually on the fender well.

Some newer than that were on the distributor, 7mm allen wrench or small knobbed allen tool from parts store will remove it.

Have tested or replaced at ADVANCE AUTO or AUTOZONE.

Send back a report

Love, Turddog

Had module tested 3 times. Still good. What should we try next?

88ngfan
Have you tried a shot of fuel or starter fluid to see if there is a reaction to fuel?

See/ make it happen, if module has good ground.

Then if it were me, I would CHEAT AROUND the KEY SYSTEM STUFF.

In an attempt to prove it WILL START but the PROBLEM is somewhere between the COIL and the KEY.

I will send a pic.......I will translate how to interpret it, since I really made it to show a CJ guy how to cheat by his light switch, at his foot dimmer switch connector.

1st) the 9volt batt----IS YOUR CAR BATTERY POSITIVE POST

2nd) The connector is the POSITIVE SIDE OF YOUR COIL, the plastic connector will remain on the coil.

You will make ABSOTIVLY SURE that the screwdriver/ safety pin/ mamas hair pin/ paper-clip, that you insert into the plastic cover, contacts the connector on the positive side 100%, Understand, thus far?

3rd) Use a fuse, in the line, 20 amp, shown is probably a bit of over-kill, for the ignition system, but at least, a dead short will blow it and protect your wire harness from catching on fire. Should it blow on you, maybe twice, abandon this idea.

4th) You are now in, way back before locking steering columns, what was called, GRAND THEFT AUTO MODE.

5th) cheating the solinoid (positive battery cable, to "S" terminal, on the solinoid).......or simply try the key, in the
cranking position, will turn over the starter, IF ALL GOES WELL, IT WILL RUN.

KEEP RESULTS COMING, This is just a test, to locate the actual problem.

Love, Turddog

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/411289_100_0455_1.jpg