BACK WHEEL LOCKING UP

Ford Explorer

I have a 1993 ford explorer which has 171,000 miles on it. My problem is the rear driver side tire will lock up when going forward. It will move in reverse, but as soon as I put it in drive, the rear tire locks and drags. Any help on this would be great.
Rum01

Possible frozen e-brake cable or the wheel cylinder on the oposite side might night not be balancing the pressure.
Have you used the e-brake recently. You can idenify brake drag by jacking one rear wheel and trying to spin then jack the other side and try the same.

Lovescars
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have been using the ebrake more recently, just moved and have to park on a hill. If it is the brake cable, how would I go about fixing it? Thanks again.

Rum01
You can buy a manual from this site.
The barkes are safety item and it's best left to someone certified if you are not already familiar with replacing them

Lovescars