LIMITED- NO A/C - NO LIGHTS ON DASH

2003 Ford Explorer

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Ford Explorer 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic

OK THEN QUIT WHILE DRIVING. NO LIGHTS WORK ON FRONT DASH WHERE A/C & HEATER CONTROLS ARE LOCATED. CHECKED ALL FUSES (UNDER HOOD & DASH) ALL OK. NEED LOCATION OF RELAY SWITCH OR WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE CHECKED OUT. NOTHING ELSE TO TELL JUST NEED
HELP !PLEASE ! (TRIP THIS WKEND & SURE NEED A/C IN HOT, HUMID MEMPHIS !)THANK YOU.
LEFTYLYNNE

Ok it may not be that simple however. I just want you to be prepared for it not being an easy fix. Now you may also need a digital multi meter to run some tests. I will give you location of the a/c relay and such but if they are good and we need to do some testing then I need more info on you truck. What I will need to know is if it is automatic a/c or manual a/c. If manual a/c then I need to know if there is a sliding sun roof or not. The A/C clutch relay is in the battery junction box. It don't say which one is the A/C but it should on the lid of the box. In that battery junction box I also need you to check fuse 16 it is a 15 amp fuse this controls the lighting. Now how it is wired for the lighting is fuse 16 to the headlight switch then to what ever has light bulbs. So these may be two seperate problems. Let me know what you find.

Racefan966
ALL FUSES ARE OK. I HAVE AUTOMATIC A/C AND I HAVE ELECTRIC SUNROOF. FUSE 16 IS TO HEADLIGHTS AND FOG LIGHTS. I HAVE THE MULTI METER TO TEST OTHER AREAS. THANK YOU.

LEFTYLYNNE
Ok lets take this one problem at a time. A.C first. Now open the hood and then start the truck and turn the ac on max does the a/c clutch engage or not?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_567135_1.jpg

If you look at the pic above you see the front part that should be locked in and turning. Tell me if that is turning or not. Yours wil look a little different I am only using this for reference. Get back to me and we will go from there.

Racefan966