BRAKE AND INTERIOR LIGHTS WONT SHUT OFF

2002 Ford Explorer

2002 Ford Explorer V8 Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 73,000 miles

Last night my truck was working just fine and today I went to unlock it and my alarm wouldnt work, then I noticed my car was totally dead, it wouldnt even go into neutral so I could push it out of the way. I used my other car to jump it and as soon as I touched the cable to the battery all power came back to the car. Once I turned the explorer off again I noticed my brake lights and interior lights weren't shutting off. I then starting checking the fuses to see if there was a short. The fuse box made a ticking sound when I pulled out #5 and then the car died again. I jumped it again. Turned the truck off and it died after 30 minutes of all the lights being on. How can I fix this, I need the truck asap and dont have the money for a mechanic.
Sxywhitetigr

Check under dash by the brake pedal and see if the alarm module is stuck behind the brake pedal. &Quot; most aftermarket alarm modules are just shoved under dash due to shoddy installation and it could have jammed the brake pedal. Also with the truck running and doors closed, does it show door ajar on the dash cluster?

Mastertechtim