LOUD SQUEAKING NOISE

1999 Ford Explorer

Suspension problem
1999 Ford Explorer 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 181006 miles

I took my car to get the oil changed and the tires rotated. The car place called me and said I needed my Serpentine belt replaced. I said okay. I got the car back and it sounds like my whole front end is going to fall off. There is a loud squeaking noise when I turn the steering wheel, go over a bump, do anything besides drive straight. I took the car back and now they tell me that I need the two main springs in the front of the car replaced. $600 for parts and labor. Does any of this sound familiar? Could it be something with the Serpentine belt? Brake Fluid? Disc Brakes? Just wondering.
Erin428

Hi there,

It sounds like they have fitted the wrong serpentine belt or set it up incorrectly. As for the springs, strange how it was fine while they did a service and all of a sudden there no good. Make sure the belt is the correct length as it sounds like it is not driving the P/Steer pump with enough tension, as the wheel is turned and demand is required by the pump it is slipping, as will the alternator etc.

Mhpautos