INTERIOR LAMP & DOOR AJAR LIGHT

1999 Ford Explorer

1999 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 136000 miles

The door ajar light is on and won't go off. The interior lamps go off shortly after puting it into drive or will go off after 40 min when sitting with the vehical off to protect the battery. On most cars there is a little button you can just push in and it'll go off, but there is nothing. I looked in the repair manual and it doesn't say anything about it.
What do you think this could be?
Where are the door sensors?
Tabitha726

Very common. Your problem is door ajar switch located on one of the door latches inside the door. What usually works is spraying wd40 liberally into door latch and opening and closing the door several times. ***The stuck switch is usually on the door that is least used like the passengers. Let us know how you make out.

Mastertechtim
I have a 1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition.
I've been dealing this problem for months.
If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believe it.
The door ajar light went out & so did the intierior lights. Thanks tim your awsome !

Imnfg
Good to hear, thanks

Mastertechtim
I googled this problem and this forum came up. Like magic it worked for me too. Thanks for saving me a trip to the mechanic.

Zoellner
Your welcome

Mastertechtim