DRIVER DOOR LOCK

1999 Ford Explorer

1999 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 113000 miles

The driver door lock for my 99 explorer xlt is not working properly. It locks fine with the key and with the keyless entry remote. Hower it will not unlock, but all other locks work fine. This problem only occurs when the door is closed. If it is open, then the key and keyless entry remote work fine. Also, the keycode on the door does not unlock it as well.

The person who I purchased the car from lost his remote. So he programed a remote from another Ford, and I beleve this was when the problem occurred. I have tried reprogramming it but got the same results. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.
Bebeamer

TEST A: ONE POWER DOOR LOCK INOPERATIVE
Manually operate inoperative door lock and check for binding or sticking lock. If door lock is not binding or sticking, go to next step. If door lock is binding or sticking, repair as necessary and recheck system operation.
Remove door trim panel and disconnect suspect door lock actuator connector. Using DVOM, measure voltage between ground and suspect door lock actuator connector terminal No. 1 (Pink/Black wire). Press door lock switch to LOCK position. If reading is 10 volts or greater, go to next step. If reading is less than 10 volts, repair open or short to ground in Pink/Black wire. See WIRING DIAGRAMS. Recheck system operation.
Measure voltage between ground and appropriate door lock actuator connector terminal No. 2 (Pink/Orange wire). Press door lock switch to UNLOCK position. If reading is 10 volts or greater, replace suspect door lock actuator. See DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR under REMOVAL & INSTALLATION. If reading is less than 10 volts, repair open or short to ground in Pink/Orange wire. See WIRING DIAGRAMS. Recheck system operation.

Dave H