POWER STEERING GEAR BOX SEAL

1994 Ford Explorer

Steering problem
1994 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

i recently changed the pitman arm seal on my steering gear box due to it was leaking, the installation consists of a flat washer, seal kit, dust cover, washer and snap ring. The problem is I installed the first washer, seal and dust cover I had no room for the second washer and snap ring I thought I installed them unevenly so I pulled them out and bought a new kit and reinstalled, same problem, this is the right seal for my truck, I just installed the snap ring and left out the last washer there are no leaks and everythings ok but I dont want the seal to blow out on me while im driving,
and thoughts
Sniper1668

My primary concern is the last washer distributes pressure on the seal. Without it, the seal could leak again. Are you sure there was no way to get it into place?

I put a socket around each part and tapped into place everything is set as far as they will go, I looked at several diagrams online and none show any washers just the seal and dust cover, I thought the washer actually created the seal, maybe I should remove the top washer not the bottom

Sniper1668
Were can I find a exploded view of the pump seal, 1993 ford explorer, maybe the design has changed all seals im finding dont have washers just dust cover and than snap ring?

Sniper1668
Here is what I was able to find. Let me know if it helps.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249084_5_65.jpg