AIR INDUCTION

1994 Ford Explorer

1994 Ford Explorer 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

1994 Explorer, 4.0 liter: I want to check the vacuum motor, etc for the air intake. It's located under the battery case. Do I access it via the wheel well?
It runs rough when first started and then fine after driving for about 15 min. I did get a code 327 (egr) and I've
replaced the pressure sensor and the egr valve. Got rid of
the code but doesn't run any better. Started thinking that maybe it needs heated air at startup and isn't getting it. What do you think? (Also replaced fuel filter, air filter, plugs & wires. Passed cyl bal test. No nasty signs
from spark plugs nor exhaust.)
Unclebulch

I have a 97 that is running the same way, I asked a mechaninc about another problem, a whining noise under the hood, and I think the two are related in my case. The whining was coming from a device in the intake that controls the air flow during the warming up time period, and at idle. At least thats what I was told. I think he called it the idle air control valve, but I'm not sure. Anyway, maybe you should check on that, and if you don't have one, you will have some sort of mass air flow sensor in your intake, you can buy one new or get one at a junkyard, but it may completely resolve your problem.

Geharbison