ENGINE SURGES ON ACCELERATION

1993 Ford Explorer

1993 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

my engine surge when I accelerate. Go up to 2500 rpms and surge.I remove my foot from the gas pedal and the engine idle. When I try again its surge around the same rpms indication 2500 rpms.I changed the tps. Also the fuel pressure regulator and still the same problem. Did someone can give me a solution to this?
Cheopr2

Hi cheopr2,

Not sure if I got your message clear.

You mean the engine misfires at about 2500 rpm?

If that is the case, check the EGR valve and purge solenoid.

Well. The engine surge around 2500rpm. Like gasping for gas. Like it loose current or voltage. But it doenst die. If ikeep the foot on the pedal ill suddenly go back to life. What iam doing is just lifting my foot from the pedal. So it doesnt kick back.I had changed the fuel fiter. The pressure regulator. The fuel pump relay.I even connect a brand new scanner but it doesnt read any code. Not in koeo or koer mode. Test fail. Iam going crazy about this ford bull.I dont want to go and buy a new fuel pump.I dont mind if that the real problem. But guessing is kind of an expensive way of fixing a problem.

Cheopr2
Hi cheopr2,

Since you failed the emission, I think it is the EGR system.

Another item to check is the Throttle Position Sensor.