EGR TOO LOW CODE P0401

Ford Expedition

My 1998 Expedition MIL light is on steady, when I read the codes, I get the p401 code. I've had this to one mechanic and had new plugs put in (as the ones in there had over 150,000 miles on them), he trouble shot the egr system and replaced the DPFE, the EVR and the EGR valve itself. He also told me that there were a couple of bad plug wires. I've since changed the plug wires. The coputer was reset. The light came back on again the p401 code. Anyone have any ideas?
Pkjfs

P-0401 - exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected. Your clue in this one might be the word " detected". It could be several things.
1) possibly the EGR sensor is going bad
2) the EGR valve is controlled by a vacuum system, so you may have insufficient vacuum to the valve or you may have a ruptured valve diaphragm causing it to not open very far thus sending a code to the computer via the sensor
3) highly unlikely, but it could actually be a partially plugged EGR passageway leading up to the valve from the exhuast system. Highly unlikely because that is something the vechicle's computer would be hard pressed to detect

Indyuke
Thanks for the reply, The EGR valve was replaced with a factory part, as was the DPFE and the EVR (vacuum control solenoid) these three parts are the only ones shown in the block diagram of the EGR system. I will pull the EGR valve and check for obstructions going into the intake manifold (which I haven't done yet) and hope that takes care of the problem.

Pkjfs