ENGINE DIED. NO FUEL PRESSURE

2001 Ford Expedition

Computer problem
2001 Ford Expedition V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

a block away from my house the engine died and I coasted to the side of the road. I had a oil warning and a battery light on. The engine would turn over but would not start. The oil level was low so I put in a couple of quarts of oil but the light would not go off.
I towed to car home attached a fuel gauge. No pressure. The only trouble code on the pcm was a
P0401. I suspect the pcm shut the engine down to protect it from the low oil pressure. If thats the case, how do I clear that from the pcm?
Jrob1958

The P0401 is an EGR code, which is unrelated to your problem.

Try disconnecting negative batterty cable for 30 minutes.

If problem persists, remove battery and have it tested, you could also have a bad alt. Which has drained battery.

Battery can read 12V but still be dead, as amps start car.

Mmprince4000
The battery is charged. All the electrical systems (lights
radio) are working. The starter cranks the engine with no problem. The engine will not start. Checked all the fuse in both fuse boxes. I am thinking about removing the alternator and taking it down to have it tested. Any ideas?

Jrob1958
If you have a DVOM you can test alt. Output. With car running set DVOM to 20VDC and attach to battery terminals, output should be 13.5 to 14.5VDC.

If under 12V, alt. Is bad.

Mmprince4000