AIR SUSPENSION

2001 Ford Expedition

Suspension problem
2001 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 95.000 miles

Hey guys hope you can help me out, My son's expedition has air suspension and the rear was all the way down resting on the rubber gromets, the front was the right height it seems, I checked the rear height sensor and I got 5 volts also 5 volts on the solonid valves, I checked voltage at the compressor and got 12 volts but it wasnt kicking on, I jumped out the compressor and it started and the rear end rose, also I tried a new relay thats under the bumper and it still didnt work, so I guess the old relay was good. My understanding is that there are only a few controls on this suspension, a control module, relay, air compressor, height sensors, and solonoid valves, and I believe all the doors have to be closed in order for it to operate, so right now the compressor is jumped out with a door bell button and the system is operated on manual, could use some help or suggestions, Thanks Ron.D
Bubba7561

Bubba how did u wire the compressor. Have the same problem and was going to override the sensor and relay and install a toggle switch or other type of switch.

Tejano4life