2000 Ford Expedition

2000 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

Good afternoon -

My Air Bag indicator light just started flashing. First 3 times then 7 times. It does this about 4 times and then stays on.

I would like to know a couple of things:
1. Is this something that can be fixed by replacing a fuse?
2. If not, is there anything that I can do to fix this myself or do I have to pay through the nose to get this fixed at the dealership?
3. Can someone provide me with a diagram of the fuse box in the engine as well as in the cab?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, The air bag light flashes when there is a problem in the air bag system. A fuse will probably not cause this problem, even though they should be checked.

When the light flashes the air bag system is disabled. The light flashing 3 then 7 is code 37. You will need a repair manual for your car to check the codes and determine the repair. The fuse box diagram will also be in the manual. . Please get back to me for further guidance if needed.

2CarPros Ken
I have a 2000 Ford Expedition. I had the airbag code 37. I read on the ford site that this is a code for the passenger side airbag and could be a bad connection. I reached under the front passenger seat and disconnected both plugs (one black and one yellow). Then plagged them back in. This solved my problem, the light went away. I was so happy I had to share it with everyone. Try this before going to a repair shop.