LEAKING HEAD GASKET

1999 Ford Expedition

Engine problem
1999 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 87131 miles

I brought the car into the dealer to get a recall notice fixed. Upon review of the car, he reported that the head gasket is leaking oil and is a fire hazard. Cost for replacing it is $2600.00.

Does this make sense? Is it common?
SenatorBuck

I have the same issue, just want to know if any seal will help my head gasket leak

Blacpantha1
This question is 5 years old and makes no sense at all anyway. Please start a new question of your own with more detail.

Wrenchtech
While I understand that this was and old question, I still have the same issue. I took my truck to Midas for an inspection and they told me that my head gaskets were leaking in 2 place and that I'm leaking antifreeze and oil and that I have a whole lot of other things going on with my truck. My main issue is the head gasket issue, I've seen online that I can fix my leak with Steel Seal. It was just a little leak before I tried this other stop leak stuff that I put in my oil, now it's worst. What do you think can help?

Blacpantha1