COMPRESSOR AIR SUSPENSION

1999 Ford Expedition

Suspension problem
1999 Ford Expedition V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

Compressor won't come on for air suspension. Tried turning switch on and off and turned key like book says. Not fuse or breaker. PLease help a single mom of two and 1 1/2 years of loan payments on this car. Thank you so much
Shrilana

You have several possibilities. 1. The ride height sensor on the back suspension has come off. 2. The air compressor relay is bad, or 3. The air compressor itself is bad. MY suggestion is to check the rear ride height sensor first. If the arm is still attached, check for voltage at the pump. If you have no voltage, replace the relay. If you have voltage, replace the pump. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here or you can PM me. I would be glad to help.

Flexy5
My 2000 ford expedition rear end began to sag until it looked like it was riding the fenders. The dealer told me it was the compressor. I replaced that, still would not rise, then replaced both air srpings, still will not rise, I looked all afternoon for a leak in any line and for any kind of way to manually air up the springs with no luck. Do you have any idea where the ride height sensor is located? I am also a single mom, lol three kids and still owe 4k on my car : ( thanks

Realestatebabe
Hi. I replaced the compressor twice on my car. After I had spent over $1000.00 on it the mechanic gave me other things that was wrong with the air system. I found a site called strutmasters. Com that offered me an awesome solution and now I don't have the air system to worry about at all. The price was great and the service was good and I sure wish I would have found them before I spent all that money on the air for the vehicle.

Leahmarkowicz
What did they do?

Kevinjrgaston
While on vacation, my 1999 Expedition with 173000 miles had both air shock bags blow. I took to Firestone and they converted it to standard spings and shocks. It was about $800 but it works just fine.

Dickey527