WHERE'S THE IAT SENSOR?

2002 Ford Excursion

2002 Ford Excursion

Hello, first-time user here. I thought I'd try a little mileage-improving gizmo I found on eBay. It looks like a small resistor, and it's supposed to go between the 2 wires that otherwise would connect to the intake air temperature (IAT) gauge. The directions say to look for a small, 2-wire plug on or near the intake manifold. They also talk about what to do if you find a plug with " four or five" wires.

Naturally, my situation doesn't match either of these. I found one 3-wire plug attached to the throttle area that has a gray wire with a red stripe, a gray or green wire with a white stripe, and a brown wire with a white stripe, in that order. There is also a 6-wire plug (more of a large rubber stopper, actually) on the air filter housing with the following wires, in order:

Gray with white stripe
Solid red
Black with white stripe
Orange with blue stripe
Blue with red stripe
Solid gray

(Note: the wires are all pretty dusty, so I can't be 100% sure of these colors.)

Any idea which of these wires are the two IAT wires?

Thanks,

Duane

p.S. FWIW, the gizmo comes from Innovated Engineering of Clearwater, Florida.
Duane19

For proper diagram, I need to know your engine size.
5.4L V8 gas
6.8L V10 gas
7.3L V8 diesel

Zackman
If you've a 6-wire plug on filter hsng, it's not a 7.3 - so with a gas it's part if the MAF, (above plug) if your " Gizmo directions won't help - you oughta get a Ford factory Workshop manual and Wiring diagram- they're super cheap on cd/DVD or if you like a real book like me get one on ebay - there's a lot right now (very cheap) with all the dealerships closing. And you'll likely want to look at it again someday. Also, clean off the wires, please, so as not to confuse yourself (and us!).

(help)