CLUNKING NOISE COMING FROM FRONT TIRE

Ford Escort

I have a 1995 Escort wagon, and have started to hear a clunk/rattle sound coming from the area of the right front wheel, that doesn't seem to correspond with going over bumps, accelerating or braking. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Parmenter

You said suggestions are welcome.
Is it a front wheel drive? If it is, then to me, it sounds like your right driveshaft axle bearing is worn out. When driving, this rattle sound is louder when you are turning. This is the shaft that is connected from your transmission to the wheels. Check if the rubber boots in the shaft are rip or torn. If you can do it yourself or your friend, click on the Auto Parts in the left side of this forum. You will see the price for a rebuilt and a new one. Note: If the rubber boots in the axle shaft is not rip or torn, then this is not the answer to your rattle sound.

Dsplc
Try checking your exaust mounting bolts that are located right below your engine oil pan if the bolts are lose or gone then the noise could be coming from your exaust laying on your transmission cross member causing a rattling noise.

Mxrick55555