97 TURNS BUT WON'T START DUE TO TENSION PULLEY

1997 Ford Escort

I have a 97 Escort and the tension pulley shot into pieces while at a stop light. When this happened the serpentine belt shredded around the various gears. I've replaced the tension pulley, the tension pulley sensor, and the serpentine belt. Now, when I attempt to start the car it tries to turn over but doesn't actually start. Could the shredding of the belt caused a problem or is there something that happened as a side effect?

P.S. I've checked the fuel injectors and they seem to be sending gas and the fuel pumps are in working order.

What else could it be?
Liszt

Any chance something disconnected or got broken while the belt was flapping around the engine compartment? What is the tension pulley sensor? Are you talking about the little pointer that shows belt wear?

TaurusWheel
I considered this also. I can't find anything that points to that though.

The tension pully sensor is directly behind the main gear that moves the serpentine belt. It indicates whether or not the belt is moving properly.

Liszt