GAS

1999 Ford Escort

1999 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 167000 miles

can I use premium octane gas in my car when I normally use unleaded fuel. And will it hurt it any?

also if my airfilter is bigger than my last one and the place where you put it in is not closing should I get a smaller filter?

also what are some ways to gain horsepower?
Kidrebel20002000

Hi there,

use the premium fuel, you should not have a real issue there, make sure the tune is kept up and replace the fuel filter at a more regular intervals. Fit a correct air filter as if the housing is not sealed unfiltered air will enter the engine which is not advisable. As for the horse power issue, there is not a lot you can do with out spending some serious $$$$ so check your budget and remember horsepower costs fuel to produce.

Mhpautos
Like mark said: " use the premium fuel, you should not have a real issue there". But you will not gain any hp by doing this, only a bigger hole in you pocket.

MrT