CAR LOSES POWER

1998 Ford Escort

1998 Ford Escort 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

I HAVE A 1998 FORD ESCORT WITH A RECONDITIONED ENGINE WITH 75000 MILES. THE ACTUAL SPEEDOMETER IS 165000. I RECENTLY REPLACED THE BATTERY. IDLE SENSOR AND FUEL PUMP. MY PROBLEM IS THAT AFTER DRIVING MY CAR APPROXIMATELY 5-6 HOURS EACH DAY, I SUDDENLY LOSE POWER TO THE POINT THAT WHEN I STEP ON THE GAS PEDAL I GET NO RESPONSE AND THE CAR ACTUALLY DIES. IT RESTARTS IMMEDIATELY BUT THE CAR CREEPS SLOWLY BUILDING UP SPEED. SOMETIMES WHEN I AM DRIVING 50MPH THE ENGINE SHAKES VIOLENTLY. ALSO I NOTICE THAN WHEN I AM DRIVING AT A STEADY 30 OR 50MPH, WHEN I TAKE MY FOOT OFF THE GAS PEDAL, THE CAR DOES NOT SLOW DOWN BY ITSELF.

PLEASE HELP ME.
Stubro4

1st do you have check engine light on and does it blink
if its blinking you need to check for misfire and check tune up
(wires and coil )

get the system scan for codes
let me know

BMRFIXIT
As to your question, my check engine light stays on all the time and does not flicker, the computer scan only shows the code about oxygen sensor. As I previously said, I already replaced the fuel pump and and the idle sensor
I will await your reply.\\Thanks,

Stu Brooks

Stubro4
Changed the fuel pump OK !
Check Exhaust back pressure (and catalytic converter )
but you have the codes for o2 sensors
thats where I will start
what is the codes # u have and I will send you the steps

BMRFIXIT
The code on the scan says bank 2 sensor 1. I took the car to a muffler place and the mechanic said he didnt think the problem was the catalytic converter since I can drive over 30mph. Since the check engine light stays on I just ordered 2 oxygen sensors. What else can you recommend.

Thanks,

stu

Stubro4
Run an extra ground wire from the battery to the intake manifold
change oil and filter use recommended oil
get the O2 sensors fixed
and let see
good luck

BMRFIXIT