THROTTLE BODY VACUUM HOSE

1996 Ford Escort

1996 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 116, 00 miles

I just replaced my 1.9L engine with a remanufactured one. Before I removed the original engine, I labeled all the electrical and vacuum connections with masking tape and numbered them for reassembly. Problem I have is that a 1/4" vacuum line coming off bottom of throttle body has its label missing and I can't see any viable connection that is its mate. Hose length is about 10", and no open connections exist within swing radius of hose. Can you provide some assistance?

Mike Farago
Discus11

Hi Mike

I have attached the only info I have for the vacuum routing. On the TB removal and installation it just says to remove it but doesn't tell where it goes.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Picture2_40.jpg

You did t he swing radius - that is good but try it again and I am sure you did but remember it may only be 5 inches away and the other 5 is for slack.

You might also check a car lot that has a 1996 Escort and pop the hood.......I have done that before.........

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS