RAN OUT OF GAS WONT START

1994 Ford Escort

1994 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156000 miles

i ran my escort out of gas the other day. I then put in about 7 gallons and then listened for pump to be sure it works all good there. Then I checked that it is getting fuel up to the bar all good there. I also changed the plugs and wires and have good spark. Since it ran out of gas I cant get to start tho. I tried those things and it is getting gas and spark. I had my friend with and he poured some small amount of gas in plug holes tho before I primed the pump by turning key forward to on listened for pump to turn off and repeated about a dozen times. Well I pulled plugs one or two and were soaked with gas so wiped them off and put back in. Tried starting and seemed to actually try to fire you could feel the engine difference when turning over. Then nothing so pulled the other two plugs wiped off really wet then. Put back and again seemed to try to fire for a split second then nothing. I had to give up cause was running almost late to work. Is it possible is just flooded really bad any help would be great?&Quot;
Bradcuster

Its probably flooded-You need to check the fuel pressure even if you hear the fuel pump coming On if its within specs, might not be producing the correct fuel pressure-It wasn't doing that before it ran out of gas

Well I did check under hood where the valve is that looks like a tire valve stem. And pushed it down while my friend turned the key forward and it squirted out gas. So would this be good fuel pressure then?

Bradcuster
No that's not good enough you have to verify the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge designed for your fuel system-EFI don't like low fuel pressure it has to be within limits