CAR STARTS TO HEAT UP WHEN IDLING OR I TRA

1994 Ford Escort

Engine Cooling problem
1994 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 86,557 miles

I noticed that my 1994 Ford Escort 1.9L started to heat up when idling or stuck in traffic. The temperature is not steady. This started happening a few months ago. Recently the car just stopped working and I figured out the problem, the timing belt broke. So while I replaced the timing belt I also replaced the water pump, thermostat and did a radiator flush. The car is up and running, I have now noticed that the car's temp (when driving) is slightly left of the NORMAL Temp indicator on the dashboard. When I start to idle is starts to go to the right slowly, before it would go to the right but much faster. My radiator seems fine, no leaks or rust. Can this be my fan or fan sensor? But today I noticed something different. I drove from work to home which is about 10 miles and the car's temp stayed on the " C", ever moved until I got home and let it idle. SO with that new development I'm really not sure what the problem could be. First heating up normally while driving, heating up too much when idling, and now not heating up correctly while driving. What could be the problem?
Njochoa

ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE (ECT) SENSOR
ECT sensor requires a 5-volt reference signal during engine operation. With sensor disconnected, sensor may be checked by measuring resistance between sensor terminals. For specifications, see SENSOR RANGE CHARTS article in the ENGINE PERFORMANCE section. For additional sensor circuit testing, see CIRCUIT TEST DA in appropriate TESTS W/CODES - EEC-IV (1.9L) article in the ENGINE PERFORMANCE section.

ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE (ECT) SENSOR
ECT SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS
Temperature F ( C). Ohms
68 (20).2200-2700
104 (40).1000-1300
140 (60).500-650
176 (80).250-350

Dave H