OIL PRESSURE SWITCH

2002 Ford Escape

2002 Ford Escape 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I am attempting to check the oil pressure at the oil sending switch and I was wondering what the psi and rpms should be. Also, I was attempting to check this because my original problem began with the oil light flickering only after my vehicle had been driven for at least 7 miles or idled for 10 minutes. I replaced the switch and changed my oil but the same problem persists. Furthermore, the light only flickers at idle or park until you turn the vehicle off for a moment and the process resets itself.
Discerning2009

I found the answer to my own question; 45 psi at 800 rpm.

Discerning2009
Hello and thanks for donating

first off, it would seem as though you may have a weak or failing oil pump. The oil pressure should be checked while engine is at operating temperature and it should be 54 - 80 psi at 4,000 RPMs.

Bluelightnin6
The psi was 85 @ 4000 rpms, therefore, the oil pump is ok but the problem might lay within the oil pan or more more specifically the oil pump tube and filter screen. That screen and tube will be my next task.

Discerning2009
Hi thank you for using 2carpros. Com we hope you got you truck all figured out. Thanks again.

2CarPros Linsey
How did you go with fixing your problem?

I have the same problem with my 2001 Foird Escape.

AussieFordEscape