CAR SHAKES

2001 Ford Escape

2001 Ford Escape 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80,000 miles

Recently in the morning I start my car and drive to the first stop light. While at the light my car begins to shake and I can hear a noise as if the car can't breath. As soon as the light turns green I press the gas and the car is fine. It remains fine for the rest of the day too, until the following morning it does the same thing. My car also died about a month ago, battery issues per AAA. So I replaced the battery and had hoped this problem was related to the battery. Unfortunatly it wasn't and my car is still shaking in the morning at the first stop light. Can you tell me what this could be?

Thanks, Blynn
Blynn711

Hi Blynn

By any chance does your vehicle have a check engine light? Kind of sounds like you might have a bad IAC Sensor or a bad MAF sensor. Please respond back

Whipple1386
Hi, Check engine light is not on. I did have the car looked at last weekend and I was told (hope its true) that it might be the Fuel Filter, I had that replaced and a fuel intake service. My car now seems to start just fine, but I have not driven it enough to see if the shaking has really stopped. I feel like it did it for a moment this morning but I might just be super sensitive to it - but I do know it was nothing like the shaking before. It really happens at the first stop light I have to sit and wait for and that did not happen this morning. Do you think my problem could be solved? Fuel Filter?

Thanks for your help.

Blynn711