CLIMATE CONTROL PANEL

1996 Ford E-Series Van

Air Conditioning problem
1996 Ford E-Series Van V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

The vent/floor/def/ac selector slide does not activate the correct position. It is stuck in the defrost position and will not change. The temperature selector works fine in heat/AC cold to hot ranges. I assume it is an electrical/vacuum activated selector. Where do I check for vacuum leaks or faulty solenoid activator? I have the panel out and the color coded vacuum lines are in tact to the selector lever bundle but go deep in to the dash to where? There is also a vacuum driven diaphram on the right side of the blower motor which is accessible under the dash on the passenger side. Is this part of the same system? How do I check for vacuum leaks and trace for any?
Trey Glauser

Go to engine compartment and find the small black plastic feed line that comes through the firewall. Im sure you will find it has come off or the plastic line has broken. Defrost is the default position when no vacuum is present

Jack42