INTAKE MANIFOLD

2001 Ford Crown Victoria

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2001 Crown Vic I bought from a police officer, it is unknown to him if the engine has ever been replaced. My department has 3 other 2001 Crown Vics and all of them have metal intake manifolds. However, my vehicle has a plastic intake on it. My question is. Can I replace the plastic intake manifold with a metal one, and if so whats the different year models that would swap out? Thank you
TXGUY

I need to know what motor is in it if it is a 4.6 then found that the 4.6 used only the plastic for better fuel econemy

Jnovack
Yes it does have the 4.6 liter. Im just not sure if the motor that is in it is a 2001 or not. As I said I have seen several that are the same year as mine and some of them have plasit and some of them have metal.

TXGUY
Ok well I found only one after market manifold and summit racing offers it and it is used on the sohc engine
Brand: Edelbrock
Product Line: Edelbrock Victor Jr. Intake Manifolds
Part Type: Intake Manifolds, Carbureted
Part Number: EDL-2838
Engine Block Style: Stock/OEM standard deck
Carburetor Quantity: Single
Intake Style: Single plane
Basic Operating RPM Range: 2,900-7,500
Intake Manifold Height: 5.590 in.
Intake Finish: Natural
Intake Material: Aluminum
EGR: No
Quantity: Sold individually.
Notes: Does not includes electronics.

Intake Manifold; Victor Jr. Ford 4.6L SOHC; Intake Manifold; 2900-7500rpm; For Carburetor; 99-04 Ford 4.6L SOH

Jnovack