A/C STOPED WORKING

1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Air Conditioning problem
1997 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140, 00 miles

I Have A 1997 Crown Vic And The A/C Just Quit, The Shop Says I Need The Whole System Replaced?
But It Was Working Fine Then Just Quit.
I Have Checked To Se If There Is Power To The Compressor With The Engine On And A/C On And There IS None Then I Jumped The Compressor And It Ingaged A Little Noisey But Didnt Get Cold Whats The Problem Or A Common Problem To Look For? I Cant Find Anny Leak, s. And Fuses Are Good?
Bluepitt

Hi there,

You will have to have the system vacuumed down to see if there is a leak, it sound as if you have lost all the refrigerant.

Mhpautos
Yup You Wer Right I found the leakEy Fiting fixed it the eletric fan was un pluged as well but the regular fan was working. So I Vacumed The System And Re Filled But The Compressor Wont Engauge. If I Jump it From the bat. It It Works Fine? But Wont Jump From The pressure Switches And When Jumped From The Bat. The Compressor is Little Noisey After It Runs For A Minute? Do I Need A New Compressor Or Is It A Switch Needs To Be Reset?

Bluepitt
Depending on how noisy the comp is, will be the telling factor. The pressure aitch is juts that, so it may also be faulty. Replace the switch & change the oil in the compressor as it may be low.

Mhpautos
Ok. I Added Oil To The Comp Quiet As Can Be Now Changed The Switch Going Out Of The Drier. The Comp Will Stil Not Kick So I Jump From The Bat. The A/C Is Cold As Can Be When I Test The Switch It Has No Power Supply From The Conector And If I Supply Power The Conector The Compressor Kicks On If I Unplug The Switch On The High Side Hose The Comp Goes Off So I Have Isolated It To The No Power To The Switch Going Right Out Of The Drier I Have Checked All The Relays. What Now? DINAMITE? The Summer's Almost Here 102 Today I Was AN A/C Teck For Home Units But Not For Cars It Is Real Simmalar But Diff At The Same Time And I Dont Have The Cash For A Shop Fix Or It Would Be There Problem HAHAHA
Thx Mike.

Bluepitt