TIMING MARKS

1999 Ford Contour

1999 Ford Contour 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 199, 00 miles

How do I set the timing marks for my 1999 ford contour 2.0L 4 cyclinder. Any help or diagrams are greatly appreciated.
Sherri73

Hello –

To better assist you please tell me if your model is the GS, LS, or RS. Also the 8th digit of your VIN.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
My car is a 1999 ford contour LX vin # 1fafp653xk112400. Thanks

Sherri73
Hello –

Is this the information you are looking for?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Picture2_49.jpg

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS
Yes that is the information, I have found that elsewhere on the net, I was wondering if there were any step by step instructions on doing it that you could help me with, thank you, sherri

Sherri73
Hello –

Do you need step by step on setting the timing or removing and replacing the timing belt? What is it that you are doing so I can see if the manual has that info for you?

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS