DIED WHILE DRIVING

1993 Ford Aerostar

1993 Ford Aerostar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive

driving down the road vehicle just quit and would not start. What procedure or procedures do I need to follow to test certain components so I dont have to start replacing parts unnecessarily
Dwayne fisher

Do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark problem.

Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.