POWER STEERING NOISE

2005 Ford 500

Steering problem
2005 Ford 500 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

Everything is quiet and normal when the car is cool, but after it heats up there is a loud whining noise whenever I turn the steering wheel. I also have tried suctioning the fluid out of the reservoir and replacing with a power steering " stop leak lubricator". This will keep it quiet for about two weeks then it starts up again. Does it sound like I need to replace the pump? Any other ideas? Thanks.
Treylorib

There is a Ford technical service bulletin about this to the dealers, here it is, also use MERCON V only in the system: Reference Number(s): 05-12-10,  Date of Issue:   June 27, 2005 Related Ref Number(s): 05-12-10 ARTICLE BEGINNING DESCRIPTION HYDRAULIC TYPE NOISE WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING ISSUE Some 2005 Freestyle, Five Hundred and Montego vehicles built from 3/21/2005 through 4/11/2005, may exhibit a hydraulic type noise coming from the engine compartment with the engine running. ACTION Attempt to change or eliminate the noise by moving the power steering return hose, or by removing the accessory drive belt. If the noise changes when the return hose is moved, or is eliminated with the accessory belt removed, replace the power steering return hose. If the noise does not change, or is not eliminated, continue with normal diagnostics. PARTS INFORMATION PARTS INFORMATION WARRANTY INFORMATION FORD: 2005 Five Hundred, Freestyle MERCURY: 2005 Montego Part Number Part Name 5F9Z-3A713-A Hose - Power Steering Return

Merlin2021
If this is the problem, why does the noise go away if I replace all the fluid in the reservoir with new fluid. Tis works for about wo weeks then the noise comes back.

Treylorib
Well that's a good question, but Ford did not explain the defect, only how to correct it, did you try the tests?

Merlin2021