EAGLE SUMMIT CLICK PROBLEM

1991 Eagle Summit

Perhaps someone can help me. I purchased a used 1991 Eagle Summit 6 months ago and began experiencing problems with it about a month after buying it. While overseas on military duty my wife told me that the car no longer would shift into second gear.
She also informed me that the car had a clicking sound from the left front wheel. Upon my return I had a friend take a look at it and he told me it has a broken tie rod ( clicking sound) and the inability to shift into second is most likely the transmission. I originally paid 950$ for the car and invested another 908$ to fix the clutch and hydraulic clutch cylinder before leaving to go overseas. Can someone please advise me as to how much it might cost to repair the transmission problem and the tie rod and is it worth it? Thanks to anyone who might be able to give me some solid advice
Abe907

First the tie rod end parts and labor should cost about $120.00 with alignment. Next is second gear the only gear that dosn't work?

2CarPros Ken