318 WONT START OUT OF NOWHERE

2002 Dodge Van

2002 Dodge Van V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40000 miles

I was driving the van for 300 miles. No problem. Drive it the next day, and when I hold the gas about 1/4 throttle too fast it bogs down like it wants to stall. As soon as I let go it goes back to idling fine. If I gradually push on the throttle it will get up thru rpms with no problems. The following day it wont start at all. It sounds like it wants to fire but as soon as I let go of the key it fires briefly then I get a little gas cloud out of the intake. So far ive checked the coil for resistance, changed plug wires, plugs, cap, rotor, and crankshaft position sensor. I have on order a pickup for the distributor that ill try tommorrow but have a feeling that wont solve the problem either. May this be a fuel pressure problem? If so I gotta go thru the painful job of buying either a fuel pump or changing out the fuel pressure regulator being its also the fuel filter. Nontheless with almost a full tank. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Rkm2006

If you are getting spark to the plugs, there is no need to replace anymore ignition parts unless the spark is weak.

While reading your posting, my first thought was the fuel pump. Have you checked pressure?

Yea. I did finally check the fuel pressure which was in the vicinity of 45-48psi. I did end up getting it to run. The ignition coil was sparkin for sure cuz I got zapped. But besides the point I changed it out anyway, and when I looked at the bottom of the old one, the inner of the casing was cracked. Problem now solved!

Rkm2006
That is good news. I'm glad you got it fixed. Let us know if you have questions in the future.