NO SPARK

2000 Dodge Stratus

2000 Dodge Stratus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

i replaced the engine (2.5 v6) in my 2000 stratus with a 2.5 out of a sebring. I had it running and even took it for aa test drive ran fine. And I dont know if this matters but while in park with the engine running I plugged in my cell phone charger in the lighter outlet seen a spark from the outlet. Car was still running right after that incident I put the car in drive and it died and now wont start. I am not getting spark my fuel pump does come on even tryed to reset the security thinking that was it any ideas or suggestions NEED HELP
Ihoskins

How are you determining the fuel pump is running? Does it run for one second when you turn on the ignition switch, and does it also run during engine cranking?

If it only runs for that first second, treat that as the pump is not running, so you must diagnose it as no spark AND no fuel. Look at the camshaft position sensor and the crankshaft position sensor. Proof will be there is no 12 volts on the dark green wire in the ignition coil connector during cranking.

I agree with cardiodoc, I will send you some video links on how to check fuel pressure and spark. If need be.

Legitimate007
http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_check_fuel_pressure.htm

Legitimate007