TRANSMITION SEEM TO SLIP..CODE 0700 AND 0876

2005 Dodge Ram

2005 Dodge Ram V8 5.7 HEMI Two Wheel Drive Automatic 49000 miles

can you get me some pointers on these codes.I have read what it says about them but I'm not sure what to check if possible
I like to try to fix it if I can because I don't know of a mechanic I can trust
the transmition seem to slip like there is no power and it take a little bit to gain speed.
later it works ok.

Thank you for your help
PANTERANEGRA

P0700-TRANSMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM (MIL REQUEST)
Diagnostic Test
1) DTC PRESENT IN EATX CONTROLLER
This is an informational DTC letting you know that a DTC(s) is stored in the Transmission Control Module.
Erase this DTC from the PCM after all Transmission DTC(s) have been repaired.
Using a scan tool, read the Transmission Controller DTC and refer to the Transmission Category and perform the appropriate symptom.

P0876-UD PRESSURE SWITCH RATIONALITY
Possible Causes
RELATED RELAY DTC'S PRESENT
LOW FLUID LEVEL
NO. 2 CHECK BALL CUT OR DAMAGED
LOW LINE PRESSURE
CRACKED OR MISINSTALLED SUMP FILTER OR SEAL
STICKING MAIN REGULATOR VALVE IN PUMP VALVE BODY
(T29) UD PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT OPEN
(T29) UD PRESSURE SWITCH CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
(T29) UD PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT SHORT TO ANOTHER CIRCUITS
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/TRS ASSEMBLY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

Theory of Operation
The Transmission system uses five pressure switches to monitor the fluid pressure in the LR, 2C, 4C, UD, and OD clutch circuits. The pressure switches are continuously monitored for the correct states in each gear as shown.

BMRFIXIT
I have read what you posted in the service manual

I check the fuid level and is ok

ccan you tell if there is a realy I need to check(RELATED RELAY DTC'S PRESENT)

SUMP FILTER is this refering to the transmission filter? O is there anoter filter

STICKING MAIN REGULATOR VALVE IN PUMP VALVE BODY is this located inside the transmission?

TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/TRS ASSEMBLY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE can you tell me where are these located?

Thank you for your prompt response

PANTERANEGRA
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Reference Number(s): 21-007-06, Date of Issue: April 07, 2006
CHRYSLER:2005 - 2006 (DR) Ram Truck; 2005 - 2006 (HB) Durango; 2005 - 2006 (KJ) Liberty / Cherokee; 2005 - 2006 (ND) Dakota; 2005 - 2006 (WK / WH) Grand Cherokee; 2006 (XK) Commander
GROUP:Transmission

Related Ref Number(s): 21-007-06, 21-016-05
ARTICLE BEGINNING
SUBJECT:
NOTE:THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 21-016-05, DATED SEPTEMBER 01, 2005, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. THIS IS A COMPLETE REVISION AND NO ASTERISKS HAVE BEEN USED TO HIGHLIGHT REVISIONS.

RFE Transmission Filters - Delayed Engagement And Related Transmission DTC'S
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves verifying the build date of the transmission, and if necessary, the replacement of both the cooler return and sump filters in the transmission.
NOTE:This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with the a 45RFE or a 545RFE automatic transmission (sales code DG4 or DGQ respectively) having a specific transmission build date code (see the below DIAGNOSIS section for further details).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience an initial delayed shift engagement following an extended off (not running) period of time, generally after being parked overnight. The initial shift engagement may feel like a delay or slip when a transmission gear (reverse or drive) is first selected after engine start.
The customer may also experience a MIL illumination. Investigation may determine that the MIL is due to one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's):
P0868 - Line Pressure Low. This DTC will be the most frequently occurring DTC for the delayed shift condition.
P0944 - Loss Of Hydraulic Pump Prime.
P0731 - Gear Ratio Error In 1st.
P0736 - Gear Ratio Error In Reverse.
P0841 - LR Pressure Switch Rationality.
P0876 - UD Pressure Switch Rationality.
The delayed engagement and MIL condition (DTC's) may be caused by a suspect transmission cooler return filter with a part number of 04799662AB . A suspect 04799662AB cooler return filter may cause the transmission sump filter to split at its plastic-to-metal crimp. If the transmission sump filter becomes split at the crimp, then one or more of the above DTC's may also occur.
DIAGNOSIS:
Turn the ignition to the "OFF" position.
Raise the vehicle on a suitable lift.
Fig. 1: Trans Identification Number
Inspect for the transmission build date (Julian date) (Fig. 1). The transmission build date can be determined by inspection of the 20 digit transmission identification number (DDDYxxxxxP partnumber). The transmission identification number is stamped on the left side (driver side) of the transmission oil pan flange. The first four (4) digits of the transmission identification number are the transmission build date, in Julian date format. An example of a transmission identification number would be : 1015 10492P52119684AA. The first three digits (101 ) of the identification number equal the day of the year, in this case 101 equals April 11. The fourth digit ( 5 ) of the identification number equals the calendar year, in this case 5 equals 2005. So 1015 equals April 11,2005.
Determine if the vehicle's transmission was built on or between one of the two sets of Julian date build ranges listed below:
Julian date 0425 (February 11, 2005) to Julian date 0455 (February 15, 2005). 0425 to 0455.
Julian date 1015 (April 11, 2005) to Julian date 2345 (August 22, 2005). 1015 to 2345.
If the vehicle has the above condition, and if the transmission Julian build date is on or between the range of dates listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE:Both the transmission cooler return filter and the transmission sump filter MUST BE replaced at the same time.

PARTS REQUIRED:
NOTE:DO NOT use a replacement cooler return filter with a part number of 04799662AB. This filter is suspect of causing the above condition. The cooler return filter part number is stenciled on the side of the filter's metal case.

PARTS DESCRIPTION
Qty.Part No.Description
104799662Filter, Transmission Cooler Return
(AR) 105015267ACKit, Transmission Sump Filter - 4x2 (verify p/n for specific vehicle)
(AR) 105013470ACKit, Transmission Sump Filter - 4x4 (verify p/n for specific vehicle)
405013457AAFluid, Automatic Transmission, MS-9602 ATF+4, Quart
105010884AAMopar ATF-RTV

SPECIAL TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
SPECIAL TOOLS
8321Oil Filter Wrench

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
NOTE:All cooler return filters with the "AB" suffix (04799662AB) are suspect. The above condition may be corrected by replacing a suspect "AB" filter with a new cooler return filter whose part number is 04799662 (with no suffix or with a suffix that is other than the "AB" level), and a new sump filter.

NOTE:BOTH the sump oil filter and the cooler return filter MUST BE replaced in the transmission at the same time. Do not replace one filter without also replacing the other filter.

NOTE:A replacement 04799662 cooler return filter may come packaged with a separate threaded adapter stud. The threaded adapter stud is used to attach the cooler return filter to the transmission. Inspect the stud and note end without threads. Install the stud end without the threads into the cooler return filter and tighten the stud-to-filter connection to 18.6 Nm (165 in. lbs.). Once the threaded adapter stud has been installed to the cooler return filter, install the assembled cooler return filter to the transmission and tighten the filter to 14.1 Nm (125 in. lbs.)

Fig. 2: Transmission Filters - 4x4 Shown
Use the procedures outlined in TechCONNECT(R) ( Service Information Tab / 21 -Transmission Transaxle / Automatic - 45RFE 545RFE / Fluid / Standard Procedure / Fluid and Filter Replacement) to replace BOTH the transmission cooler return filter and the transmission sump oil filter.
NOTE:Always install the sump filter seal to the bottom of the transmission oil pump first, then install the sump filter to the oil pump and previously installed seal. DO NOT install the sump filter seal to the sump filter and then attempt to install both to the oil pump.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic1_437.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic2_217.jpg

BMRFIXIT