SUSPENSION ISSUE *NEW MEMBER*

2001 Dodge Ram

Suspension problem
2001 Dodge Ram V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 203704 miles

I purchased this vehicle in February and had many things fixed on it right after being purchased including all the tie rod ends and ball joints (among other things). I put almost $2000 into it and the vehicle ran fine and I noticed nothing until a couple weeks ago.

Now every time I go over a bump or puddle, or go up/down my driveway from/onto the street I notice it feels like a " bottoming out" (for lack of a better word) just on the front drivers side. The passengers side is fine, no problems. There is also a grinding noise/feel for a second when it " bottoms out" on the drivers side. Let me be clear that even when I hit a sewer cover on the street there is now a squeak coming from that drivers side area. There are no other times when I experience this issue. Only when I'm doing what was mentioned. I am trying to be very careful and take things slow or I will experience this every time.I'm trying not to damage it more than it already is.

Initially I was hoping it's just a bad shock but I was reading up and it could be a mount or something more.

Before I take it to my mechanic I was wondering what do you guys think it is?
Barlow078

Hi there,

I feel that this may well be a suspension bush, as it appears that with any movement there is a noise, the problem is that often this may not be identifiable with a casual look, so I wold suggest that you do get this inspected by a qualified mechanic, as this may be a difficult one to locate.

Mhpautos