V6 1500 TIMING CHAIN

1994 Dodge Ram

How does the timing chain tensioner work? I am getting ready to replace the timing chain and have never done one on a dodge, any tips/help would be greatly appreciated!
Chuckamiss

If it is not a 3.3 or 3.8 it doesn't have a chain and the timing is set with the belt. There is a belt tensioner pully on the front of the motor. But I don't recall one for a new chain and cam sprocket which normally does the job. Hope this helped.

Vandragon
Hey, my bad, there is a tensioner on a 3.3 and 3.8!
After I replied I kept thinking, did I or did I not read somewere about a chain tensioner. So I looked in one of my repair manuals and there it was, so i'm going to
give you small picture only. If I were you I would go to autozone and get a Haynes Manual, the picture and instructions are neened together!

Looking at the timing chain the tensioner is at the right outside of the chain and has a pivot bolt at the bottom and adjustment bolt about 3/4's up toward the top. There is also a chain guide to the inside left of the chain and both may need to be adjusted. Like I said go look at the manual for clearence and torgue.

Vandragon